Monday 21 December 2009

Baclofen - Curing Our Alcoholism

I case I don’t get around to it on Tuesday morning, I’m doing my Diary entry on Monday evening. I’ve got my liver scan in the morning, and so might be a little preoccupied. Judging by how scared and short tempered I am tonight, it probably will.

Pretty good day all considered. Not taken any Tramadol at all ‘cos of side effects and wanting to see if my liver pain would breakthrough again. It has a little, but maybe only 25% of what it was before. All the side effects of the Tramadol have gone too, which is excellent. I am extremely tired, and had to sleep in the afternoon. Probably just catching up with me after about 2 weeks without a proper sleep.

Baclofen 50mg only. If I do not need Tramadol at all from now on, I will go back to my normal maintenance dose.

No cravings at all. No thought of alcohol at all. No alcohol at all. I'm amazed, given what is going on this evening one way or another. Normally, the traumas that are around me tonight would have had me drinking antifreeze if that was all I could find!

Song for Today – just for the record, Sirens were a Greek mythological group of several evil spirit “bird women”. They had a song that lured ships onto rocks. The song always took place at midday, when the sea was calm. And at the end of the song was always death for the sailors. Just thought I would clarify that.

Today’s song holds a very special place in my heart. It has always been a favourite of mine, but it took on a whole new meaning a couple of years ago, which will never leave me.

It is Alexander O’Neal, with “Criticise”.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CySYwZNH65I

Wish me luck with the scan.

Pip xx

2 comments:

  1. good luck w/ the scan tomorrow, the waiting for the results will be the hardest part................for all of us! MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I thought I was the biggest music nut around, guess another thing I was wrong about!! Loving it !!!! You ARE going to be ok Pip, we all are...... Thoughts, prayers & good vibes& energy most of al!!! MA

    ReplyDelete