Saturday 12 December 2009

Baclofen - Curing Our Alcoholism

Sorry there wasn't an entry yesterday. Not a good day.
Went to GP. He couldn't get my blood results. Pissed me off a lot.
I was in agony, so he gave me turbo nutter painkillers. Added to my Baclofen, that turned me into a complete space cadet. Think of Brains from Thunderbirds, and you be about right for how I walked and talked!! I'm sure that I even called my dad "Meester T-r-acy" at one stage.
The drug combination made me vomit. And it contained quite a lot of blood for a while. Almost certainly due to an oesophgeal tear due to the strain. But scary and an insult too far yesterday.
But it didn't end there. Horrible cramps in the night. Never had them before. My calves feel like they've been hit by a baseball bat this morning.
And I've got a sore throat. Apart from that, I feel just ticketyboo!
Baclofen 40,40. Atenolol 100, Ibuprofen 400x3, Co-codamol 8/500x8
No real cravings, but I feel like going out and getting thoroughly drunk.
God, how do I hate this HFD (thanks to Trixie for helping me come up with HFD as a euphemism for our alcoholism. H is for horrible. D is for disease. You can guess what the F is for. Trixie is far too much of a lady to have used such language. We kind of worked it out together!)
I'm sticking two fingers up at my HFD this morning!!

1 comment:

  1. I sorrowfully went through and did the drinking, not worth it............really I the WTF button and just did it for may reasons......not worth it at all, take it from my little nightmare and what i woke up to.........nobody wants to go there, believe me................ MA

    ReplyDelete