Saturday 2 January 2010

Baclofen - Curing Our Alcoholism

Baclofen 40, 40, 40 - just in case I run out, I'm holding back a bit.

Strange day. When I first started high does Baclofen, I had some horrible, horrible symptoms. Headaches that went on for about two months - with hallucinations, and nightmares, and Lord knows what.

Today, out of the blue, I had the mother of all migraines. I swear this, my friends, I swear it. It was agony. About the size of a UK 2p piece (maybe 3cm in circumference), exactly in the middle of my forehead. And all day I had the smell of, well, dog pooh, in my nose and I could almost taste it. All day. This evening, I actually vomited when I smelled dinner cooking. Then all of a sudden, the headache went, along with the smell and the taste.

I have never had anything like that at all, until I started Baclofen. Never had a migraine in my life.

But, still no cravings and no booze. Baclofen isn't easy. Baclofen might not be for everyone. Baclofen might not even be for me, but so far, it is much better than being drunk at 10am every day.

Burn me in effigy if you wish. And some of you would. But I tell it how I experience it. Every day.

Pip xx

1 comment:

  1. sorry Phillip, migraines, never had one, but heard they really suck!!! I think you are doing well w/ the site, it is brand new........all the suggestions I gave u the other day will help make it user friendlier, would not even know how to do them tho!? know how to use a pc but that is about it, off to sleep as it is 9AM here, 2pm there, u take care and keep us posted, I liked the posts on MWO bac thread btw...........seems a good relationship may be forming, just be patient, and don't take ANYTHING personally, listen to me, wearing my heart on my sleeve...........ha! MA

    ReplyDelete